Even though I have happily welcomed 2014, I can’t NOT fill out surveys and found this one about 2013 on Corrie Anne‘s blog. I changed some of the questions around to better fit my life but here you go. You’re welcome.
Also, I just found this from a few weeks ago in my drafts folder and totes forgot about it. By the way, do you know the word “totes” is no longer appropriate to say after 30 according to Buzzfeed? Good thing I have 2 more years…
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Tried CrossFit and haven’t stopped!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept some of my 2013 resolutions without even knowing it!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I had a few friends have the cutest babies this year to include Liliana and Faith!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No….. I don’t like this question.
5. What countries did you visit?
Thailand and the United Arab Emirates and London/Japan if you count the airports.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Self control when it comes to eating. My CrossFit coach the other day told me that I have one of the worst eating habits he has seen in an athlete EVER! ouch…. Must.stop.eating.cupcakes.every.single.day.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Maybe not forever, but for awhile, September 14. It was a bad day. Don’t want to talk about it (::drama queen::)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Half marathon PR of 1:44:12!!! I’m coming for you this year!
9. What was your biggest failure?
See #7… still not talking about it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was injured at the beginning of 2013 with IT band issues and knee issues. I have been injury free since April!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Races, CrossFit, and FOOD. I eat out wayyyy too much.
13. What did you get really excited about?
My half marathon PR (see #8), CrossFit PRs throughout the year, really good food (do you see a trend here?)
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
All Over the Road by Easton Corbin. It’s a country song and is so much fun to sing along to, especially in the summer.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? sadder..so dramatic
– thinner or fatter? neither… weigh more but gained a lot more muscle
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Lived in the moment. I think too much about the future.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spent money.. I should really be saving.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
I drove up to NJ to spent it with my family.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched a lot of new shows this year and my new favorites are The Following and American Horror Story.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Eat, Pray, Love.. it makes me want to learn how to meditate.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I am back to loving Country and I listen to a lot of Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Great Gatsby, for sure. It is also one of my favorite books!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and went to my favorite restaurant in Baltimore, Blue Hill Tavern.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not feeling so miserable the last few months of the year and being so upset over the end of a relationship. My mom made sure to tell me that everything happens for a reason and what’s meant to be will be. Two major cliches but I believe them and her.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
A lot of flat boots and black jeans, and chambray. Summer is for colorful jeans and crop tops!
26. What kept you sane?
Running and CrossFit… too much exercise talk, I’m sorry!
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Everything is always changing and I have to learn to adapt. That everything happens for a reason ( see # 24) and that I WILL be OK.
28. Who visited you this year?
My parents came to visit me in MD a few times… and that’s about it. I went home to NJ a lot (it’s only 2 hours) to see my family and friends.
If you want to join in the survey fun, answer any of your favorite questions in the comments below or fill out on your own blog and link to my post! HAPPY FRIDAY!