My favorite day of the month? The day I receive my foodie penpals package! This month I received some interesting and delicious products. I love when I get to try new food. For January, I sent a package to Bonnie and received one from Renea. Renea listened to my likes and dislikes and sent a package filled with coconut flavored items. I don’t know why I have been craving coconut the last few months, but she is definitely satisfying my sweet tooth and most of the items she sent are nutritious too!
Top row (from left to right):
- Coconut Dark Chocolate Trail Mix- Renea made this herself and it is delicious. I have enough left over to bring to Thailand with me! It has coconut, chocolate, almons, cashews, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- Jelly- I am not sure exactly what this is and the label is in a different language. I promise I will try this!
- Honey Cranberry bar- I love snacking on protein/oat/etc bars. I have not tried this yet but I plan on bringing it to munch on my 20 hour flights tomorrow! I have a feeling a lot of these snacks are flying around the world with me!
- Girl Scout Flavored Crunch Bars- How did she know I love Samoas? I guess the coconut flavor gave her a hint. I am not a chocolate and mint person but my roomie loves them!
Middle row (left to right):
- Archway Rocky Road- I am not a big rocky road fan but we definitely have a Cookie Monster in our house. No one is owning up to eating the cookies but about 3/4 of the package is gone. All of my food is up for grabs in the house and I don’t mind anyone eating these since I won’t but fess up Cookie Monster!!
- Lara Bars- I told Renea I loved Lara bars and she sent me three! The Uber Cherry Cobbler was scumptious and not TOO sweet. And of course the coconut ones did not last long!
- Quaker Blueberry Oatmeal Bars- Thailand Bound. I am a huge fan of blueberries and oatmeal and I am planning on enjoying these throughout my travels next week.
Bottom row (left to right):
- Eggnog Nips- I love the regular flavor nips for a quick sweet tooth fix but haven’t tried the eggnog yet. Surprisingly, I have never had eggnog before so I am not sure what this is supposed to taste like but I will try anything ONCE!
- Annie’s Organic Gingerly Dressing- Yum, yum, yum. I love ginger flavors and I have been trying to make more salads lately and this dressing is delicious and lite!
- Portion Control Dressing Lid- This is the coolest contraption idea yet, if I can figure out how to get it on the dressing. The concept is to replace the portion control lid with the regular lid and with the squeeze of the bottle (plastic only, unfortunately) the lid will portion out 1 serving of dressing!
I left one out of the collage but this is my favorite so maybe it belongs in its own “collage”? I am almost positive Renea made this herself and I am so happy she included this in my package. Coconut flavored Chai Latte Mix? I am in heaven! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Like I already mentioned, a lot of these I have been saving to travel with me since I tend to get really bored and hungry in airports and on planes so I am hoping these mostly healthy and nutritious snacks keep me away from unhealthy foods while traveling!
Now, lets get to the Foodie Penpals concept. If you don’t already participate, I highly recommend it. Here’s what Foodie Penpals is about and how you can join!
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only.
- ***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at email@example.com to get involved!